I want to file for alimony. How do I go about this?

Screen shot 2017-05-31 at 1.17.18 PM

Answered by Kevin J. Kensik, ESQ.

First, I assume you or the other party filed a divorce petition.

Second, the party requesting alimony must file a Request For Orders (RFO) motion, along with an income and expense declaration.  There are certain requirements for the motion, so you need to be careful.

Also, alimony is based upon your earnings and your spouse’s earnings.

To get alimony your income usually must be less than your spouses.

You can also review Family Code Section 4320 to find out what the court looks at.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s